Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The Journey Begins

by AJ Davila 
Having to start a new journey is always something most people are timid about. Whether it’s a new job, buying a house or traveling around the world, it always seems to open up new doors and new beginnings. 

I started my new journey about a week and half ago in Barcelona, Spain. I then found my way up to Paris, France shortly after to check out the view from the Eiffel Tower. Next, it was off to Milan, Italy where I got to walk through Castello Sforzesco that was built in the 15th century. 

 Finally, I found my way to Florence, Italy where I met up with my new team of colleagues. The first week of travelling was fun, but sometimes the experiences of travelling are better when shared with others. After a few days in Florence, we made our journey down to Cagli, where we have fully immersed ourselves into the Italian culture.

I can admit, I was curious to see where this new journey would take me as a person. I think that I could speak for all my team members and say that so far, this new journey of expanding our knowledge and becoming a better global citizen is one that will stay with us forever. The people of Cagli have made it possible for my colleagues and I to gain a better understanding of what the Italian culture is all about. 
Since I have been in Cagli, I have found that people in this community are very welcoming and understanding of our purpose here. The people are just as curious as we are to learn about who we are, where we come from and teaching us about their traditions and language. The language barrier has been a little difficult for most of us, but given that communication is not only spoken with words but with nonverbal communication as well, the people here have help us bridge together this new relationship we have begun to create with the people of Cagli.

No comments:

Post a Comment