Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Grocery Shopping

by Amanda Long
Grocery shopping was a cultural mismatch for me. Walking into the grocery store for the first time was a little overwhelming. As I began my grocery shopping experience I realized that I was suddenly overwhelmed with the idea that all the labels on the food were in Italian. I am not sure why I thought for sure there would be English on the labels as well. 

When I got over my original shock I realized that I recognized labels or pictures from the food that I was used to back in the states. This realization allowed me to pick my products easily. Then the mismatch problem occurred again when I went to buy fruit. I did not know that I had to weigh my own fruit in order to get the price. I am used to my fruit being weighed during check out. Over all I was able to have a successful grocery shopping experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment