Sunday, June 15, 2014

Coffee

by Amanda Long 
For my first journal entry I wanted to talk about my first experience outside of the states because it really became the base of my attitude and perspective when in a new culture.

My first cultural mismatch was getting off the plane in Germany. I did not have a long connection time until my next departure time but I really wanted some coffee for the flight. I tried to order a vanilla soy iced latte my usual drink back in the states. I was told that the only cold drink is a macchiato so I settled with that. Then I tried to pay with US dollars and ended up holding up the line.

When the payment was figured out I then watch them make my coffee. They made a warm drink and then added ice cubes to make an ice drink. Once I received my drink I then went to my gate with 15 minutes to spare. When I arrived at my gate they already booked me on another flight. I had no idea that you take a bus to your airplane. Instead of getting upset about my experience in Germany I decided to just go with the flow. And have continued that idea through our trip in Italy. Now, I order an Americano.

No comments:

Post a Comment