Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Three Raw Meats.

by Courtney Dirk 
Almost a week into the Cagli project and cultural mismatching is still heavily present. One of my many favorite things to do is try out all the restaurants and enjoy the authentic italian meals. While at La Giochanda, my husband and I wanted to try an antipasto and were brave enough to ask the waiter what he would recommend. My experiences that i have endured with antipastos have all been pretty similar, cheese, meat and either a fruit or vegetable. So I was not to worried. The waiter asked me if we liked carne, I replied yes. He then asked if we would like to try the three meat dish. Not thinking anything of it my husband and I said yes please.

About fifteen minutes later, the waiter comes out with three meats alright, but they were three raw meats. I would have not thought twice about asking if the meat was raw or cooked. I had not pegged Italians as eating raw mean for a dish. I soon learned and attempted to try the raw cow that laid before my husband and I. The waiter came back to our table and asked why we had not consumed the dish and we tried explaining that we do not like raw meat. He finally grasped what we are trying to say with our non verbals and beginner italian. The waiter being the nice gentlemen he came back with another antipasto that we loved. We were very appreciative.

No comments:

Post a Comment