Saturday, July 12, 2014

Friends

by Rosa Alvarado
Daily routine of attending classes in the morning and lab in the afternoon has become normal. I have learned to survive, accept, and adapt to a culture that was once foreign to me. The serenity and tranquility of Cagli is something I will miss going home.

Today Wednesday is market day at the city, and it is pretty similar to farmers market in Vancouver, Washington. People bring their goods (clothes, shoes, toys, kitchenware, food, plants, etc.), place them on tables all around the piazza. Vendors display their merchandise in the morning until 1:00 p.m.; then leave to either go to another town nearby or simply call it a day.

Pictures have been approved, story passed the final draft, and the website is in process. Bruno created and printed invitations for the main event. As I delivered the invitation (to Friday’s main event) to the owners of Mercerie Intimo, they approached me with an invitation to dinner at their home Thursday evening. Yes, I made friends in Cagli!

No comments:

Post a Comment