Thursday, July 3, 2014

A Confusing Question

by Abigail Padfield 
Rita and I talked in front of a tent about the days events. A Cagliese gentleman walked up to us and started talking. We started describing our families and I was asked if I was pregnant. This was a confusing question because I did not understand why a stranger would be asking me if I was pregnant.

Rita and I worked together to explain to the gentleman that I was not pregnant. Through broken English and Italian, I learned that my dress was the reason he thought I was pregnant.

I traveled many times before and never was concerned with my clothing portraying a body type. This experience in the piazza of Cagli will definitely stick with me and will be something I take into consideration when packing for my next trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment